My Top Five Scariest Movies
5. Jeepers Creepers (2001) The idea of winged, indestructible demon that can not be stopped until its mission is complete is pretty scary to me. There is no running from this beast and no place safe you can go.
Once you are marked, your painful death is inevitable. Also, the scene with all the people stitched together in the basement of that church was remarkable.
4. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) I saw this movie on television when I was ten or eleven. I couldn't sleep for a month. The slow building terror of knowing that those you love aren't who they are and knowing that if you give in to sleep (my favorite pass time) you'll never wake up haunted me for years.
3. Hellraiser: I was scared by both the movie and the book, The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker. The book and the movie is about the evil that lurks in people and the darkness it summons. The cenobites will always scare me and that thing that comes down the hall with its crazy hands bothers me.
2. The Thing (1982): Isolation and paranoia work together to make the plot of this movie a living nightmare. Imagine you are trapped in Antarctica with a handful of men and any of them could be monsters waiting to kill you or worse. This is the plot of The Thing.
1. The Exorcist: This movie has always terrified me and apparently I am not alone, because after looking at 20 scariest movies of all time lists this is the only movie that made every single list.